Sunday, August 16, 2009

Stephanie

I called Stephanie today. I was really nervous about doing this. When we saw Billy earlier in the week, he indicated that he and Stephanie weren't really talking right now. I feel like if he isn't going to bring her into the family (as the mother of my grandbaby), then I need to. I need for her to feel like we like her and that we care about what happens to her. I talked to her about what's going on with Billy right now and about what the plans are for the future. They really need to sit down and figure some things out, but Billy is going to need to be an active part of that conversation.

Stephanie said that she went to the doctor this past week and that everything looks good. She said that she will find out the sex of the baby next month. I asked her to please give me a call as soon as she knows so that we'll know if we're having a granddaughter or grandson.

I also talked to Stephanie about the possibility of having the baby every Saturday so that we could do some special grandparent things with them. She said that she loved us and that she wouldn't keep the baby away from us. We're going to need to be prepared to step up and help out if Billy can't/won't.

I feel better since having this conversation.

No comments: