Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What's in a name?

Well, against my better judgement - I've been thinking about possible baby names. I know that it's putting the cart before the horse, but I just can't seem to stop myself. I keep thinking that I need to have all the time in the world to find the perfect name for this possible person. How ate-up am I? So, I think that I've pretty much got a girl's name figured out.
Elizabeth (my Mamma) Faelynn (combination of Faye - Dorothy's middle name & Lynn - Mom's middle name) Elizabeth Faelynn Moore
or
Mia (I just like it) Faelynn Mia Faelynn Moore

Boy names don't come as easy...

I thought that I wanted a boy to be Jacob (just because I like it) Thomas (my brother's first name) Jacob Thomas Moore

The problem is that I found out that Jacob has been the most popular boy's name in the US for the last hundred-million years. Okay, I'm exaggerating - but not by much. So, as much as I like Jacob, I don't want him to be one of seven Jacobs in his class. What that means is that I have to start looking for more names. I think that there need to be two syllables since our last name only has one.

I was thinking about Ephram or Brighton (Bright). (Yes, I really liked Everwood)
So, I ran the names past Tom and Bill. Tom likes Ephram and doesn't like Brighton. Bill doesn't like either of them, but he likes Tristan. I don't like Tristan because I think that it sounds a little weak or feminine or something. I like Ian or Liam. Ran those past Bill the other night. I think that he said that he likes Ian better than Liam. We both like Christian - but I don't like Chris and I just know that everyone would shorten it. Mary suggested Noah and I'm not thrilled with that one either.

I don't know. I guess that we can always just hope and pray for a girl. No worries there!

No comments: