Mom stopped by work today to let me know that she's on her way to Missouri. Aunt Judith called her this morning to let her know that they found Granny on the floor and unresponsive. They (she and Uncle John) were on their way to the hospital and told Mom that she needed to head that way.
Mom called from the road to let me know that she was travelling and that she had heard from Aunt Judith again. She told Mom that the doctor said that this event was massive and that they are just keeping her comfortable until she passes. They have Granny settled into a room and are just watching and waiting.
Tom text messaged me while in class tonight. I called as soon as class was over and found out that he had talked to Mom. Granny had another "episode" and had slipped into a coma. Mom was safe and sound in Missouri and didn't have any phone reception in Granny's room. They are making no life saving attempts and are keeping her comfortable.
While I'm sad that Granny is in the process of dying, I hope that she doesn't linger for too long. It's time for her to go be with our Lord and join Grandpa again. I know that he's been waiting for her. It's time for her to be healthy and whole again. We've enjoyed Granny for a long time and don't want her to linger for our sake.
No comments:
Post a Comment