Saturday, May 8, 2010

Billy's celebration

Tonight, we had a celebration dinner for Billy getting his GED.  I had hoped that the weather would make it possible for us to hang out in the lounge and on the deck.  But, alas, no such luck.  It was cold and windy and we all stayed pretty much in the house.  Tom grilled steaks and Mom brought the strawberry shortcake for dessert.  I rounded out the meal with baked potatoes and salad and cole slaw and we feasted. 

I'm so pleased that Billy followed through on this goal and succeeded.  Bill and I signed over the S10 to him this evening and he drove it home.  He got his driver's license this week, so he's all good.


Getting the cover on the bed.

Rinsing off the mud.

I think that Billy likes his truck!

Stephanie joined us this evening so that Harmony could be with her daddy on this special day.  I'd like to say that Billy was gracious and kind to Stephanie, but no such luck.  Billy continues to be cold to Stephanie and awkward with Harmony.  He did get to hold her quite a bit and she fell asleep in his arms.  I think that he really liked that.

Glenn and Mary also joined us with Faith and "Commie" aka Akira.  At one point, Kira and Harmony were asleep at the same time and we laid them both down in the travel crib together.  It was really cute.

No comments: