Today has been a really good day. Well, that's not entirely true. It's been a really good evening. I had dinner plans with Hilary this evening and on the way there, I talked to Billy on the phone. He's hurting, but he's in one piece. I feel better now that I've heard his voice. The knot in my stomach loosened up a little once we had our conversation. Bill told me that he (Billy) was nervous about telling us what happened b/c he knew that he made a foolish mistake and that he knew that we would be disappointed in him. I told him that mostly what I was is scared. Until I heard his voice and could hear for myself that he was okay, it wasn't. I also reminded him that there was nothing that he could ever do that would make me not love him. And then I had to hurry and get off the phone before I started crying. And I left the conversation to the boys.
Then...
I had dinner with Hilary. I needed to share with her that my feelings were hurt that she told me on Facebook that I'm going to be an Aunt. Dad had already prepped her for our conversation, so I really didn't surprise her. We had a long, heartfelt talk and I know that I walked away from it feeling better. I love my little sis and I want to have a closer and better relationship with her than we've had in the past. Things were good when she was little, but as she and Ross have grown up, we've grown apart. I don't like that and with Harmony being in the picture and "Roo" coming along, it's really important to me that we pull this together for the sake of the next generation.
I'm very excited about forging a new adult relationship with Hilary. This is going to be way cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment