Friday, March 4, 2011

Update on Billy & legal issues

Billy called last night.  I'm so glad that he did.  He said that with this paycheck, he'll be able to take care of his fine with Alliance and with the next paycheck, he should be able to take care of Columbiana County.  He's got everything planned out and scheduled to take his classes in May.  I found out last evening that Grandad is taking him to and from work every day.  He gets there 2 hours early, but he's there consistently and on time.  Bill and I are so blessed that Grandma and Grandad are so loving and supportive.  And Billy said that he's been getting some overtime, so that's fantastic!

It was so good to hear his voice and I'm glad that he's calling when we have Harmony so that she can hear his voice too.  I can't wait for the day to come when her needs are more important to him than his own.  I can tell that he's starting to get it, but he isn't all the way there yet.  It bothers me that he goes out and parties with his friends, but doesn't send money home for her.  I don't know how to bring that up to him without it sounding like I'm preaching at him.  I want him to take on the responsibility of being a parent because it's the right thing to do and not because I guilt him into it.  I'm just not sure how to bring it to his attention without it sounding like I'm coming down on him.

No comments: