Thursday, January 24, 2008

Job Corps - Bad News

Well, I received an email from Ms. Reyes stating that Billy was not accepted into the Job Corps. We haven't told him yet. I know that Bill and I will need to sit down with him this evening to have this conversation, but I'm really not looking forward to it. I'm afraid that this disappointment will send him into a tailspin with his behavior. I'm hopeful that he can take the news in stride knowing that he can apply again and that this isn't the end of the world. It was just such a wonderful opportunity for him. Bill and I were really hoping that this would work out for William. What a disappointment!

Later...
We talked to Billy this evening (Mike joined us for this discussion) and let him know that Job Corps didn't accept him. He took the information like a trooper. You could tell that he was bummed, but he didn't get angry and start stomping around. He just started talking about plan B.

No comments: