Saturday, January 5, 2008

Surgery Done!

Well, I had the Stapedectomy yesterday and Dr. House told the family that the surgery was "textbook" and that all is well. I kept on top of my pain medication yesterday and they also put a patch behind my left ear like a sea-sick patch to help with the nausea. I keep the patch on until Monday around noon. Hopefully by then all of the major side effects of the surgery will be gone anyway. I'm really thankful that they thought ahead on that one.

While I was in my little room waiting to go into surgery, Dad popped his head around the corner. I was surprised that he was there. It was a very pleasant surprise. :)

Bill tells me that from the time that they wheeled me out of the room to the time that they wheeled me back into the room, I was gone one hour and 19 minutes. Pretty quick, if you ask me. I remember that when they wheeled me into the OR, the anesthesiologist, Dr. Payne, told me that he was going to give me something to relax me prior to giving me something to knock me out. I remember feeling a bit woozy and then the next thing that I knew, I was in the recovery room. The diet Coke that the nurse brought to me was the best thing that I've ever tasted. My throat was scratchy from the tube that they put down it. It doesn't feel bad today, but it remained scratchy pretty much all day yesterday.

No comments: