Bill and Billy went to court this morning. I didn't go along with them because we already knew that probation was going to recommend closing Billy's case. Bill and I were under the impression that this would be the first step in a process that would take 60 days or so. As it turned out, they went ahead and closed out his case this morning. They even waived his $180.00 probation fees that he owed. So, we are done with Mike Sullivan-Tibbs and the IJJTF at this point as well. The school is not happy that they've closed. They wanted to keep Billy on probation. I told them that court was this morning and that they could by all means call and talk to Jennifer to voice their concerns. I don't know if they made the phone call or not. I do know that they didn't bother to show up at court. So, in my estimation, they didn't want to keep him on probation very badly. If they had, they would have shown up to voice their concerns to the judge.
I'm in a little bit of shock. I really didn't think that it would happen this fast. I hope that things work out okay. In the meantime, we'll just keep on doing what we've been doing all along.
No comments:
Post a Comment