We're back from Missouri and I'm SO glad that I went. When Mom and I first arrived at Ashbrook (the assisted living facility where Granny lives), Granny was in the activities room playing bingo. We went in to say hi and to let her know that we were there. She looked at each of us and said hello, but you could tell that she didn't know who we were. We went ahead and went down to her room to hang out until she was done with bingo. When she got back to her room, she finally recognized me. She couldn't remember my name (Carmella had to tell her who I was) at first, but she knew that I was Lynn's daughter. She was so very tickled that we were there. We visited for a while Friday evening and then left her before they came to get her for dinner. We all went out to lunch yesterday (Chuck and Yoko were in from LA and bringing baby Neal to meet us all for the very first time) at Ryan's and sat and visited for a while. Then, we headed back to Ashbrook to visit for a while in the activities room. Granny was starting to get pretty tired, so we left so that she could nap. Uncle Neal, Aunt Terry, Brian, Chuck, Yoko and baby Neal all went back that evening to visit some more. We decided to wait until this morning to go back so that there wouldn't be so many people there all at once. We had breakfast with Aunt Judith and Uncle Jim this morning and then headed over to see Granny before we left town.
Mom and I had a wonderful time and I really enjoyed this trip. We talked all the way there and all the way back. We really had some nice talks. I'm glad that I got to see Granny and that she knew who I was. It was also really nice to see the family too. I always forget just how much I enjoy their company. I come from good people. I just want Bill and Bradley to be able to go with me the next time. That would make it perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment