Thursday, September 15, 2011

And things get worse...

When I got home from work today, I asked Bill to try to get in contact with Billy to see what he found out today.  We were talking about the day when Billy's call came in.  We could tell right away that he was drunk.  This was at like 6:00PM.  Bill talked to him for quite a long while and came through the conversation with the following information.  Billy received the overnight envelope that I sent and was able to pay off the rest of his fines for court.  He went to see the Army Recruiter about taking the ASVAB and enlisting and they said that they had already filled their quota of GED recruits for this year.  They referred him over to the National Guard Recruiter.  Those folks said that with his 5 misdemeanors on record, they couldn't do anything for him until January.  So, I'm hearing that they've met their quota for 2011 and are recommending that he stop by for the next round.  As he was leaving, his truck died on the side of the road.  After hanging out in his truck for a while, he jumped a fence and headed over to a nearby hotel.  He asked the folks there where the nearest bar was and they gave him directions.  He headed over to the bar and proceeded to get drunk.

Bill and I have both spent some time on the phone with him trying to get him to get off the road and get a ride home so that he's not in danger of getting arrested.  You can't reason with him.  He finally promised Bill that he would go back to his truck and sleep it off.  Bill called Dorothy to let her know what was going on and where Billy was.  I was talking to Gary at the same time.  Gary checked to see if Gary Alan was available to go and get Billy.  He's got the kids and car problems and can't go and get him this time.  Then, Gary called Mike to see if Mike could go.  Turns out that Mike and Ray went together.  They both are scheduled to work this evening and only had a couple of hours before they had to be at work.

At this point, I'm not entirely sure of all of the details.  Brad said that they didn't find Billy at his truck.  They did finally locate him walking down the highway and picked him up.  After they got back to the house, Billy pulled a knife on Ray.  At that point, Mike beat him soundly and secured him in the shop.  Then, Mike called Bill and told him that he needed to head that direction to get Billy.

So, now Bill and Gary are driving to Ohio.  I'm stressed beyond belief.  I'm scared for Billy and I'm scared for Bill.  The guys are going to have to try to get Billy to understand that he cannot drink anymore.  It's like his body can't process the alcohol and it makes him crazy.  Oh, how I hope that they can get through to him.  I'm just so afraid that I'm going to lose my kid.  I hate this!

No comments: