We went to Gary's to celebrate the coming of the new year and the start of the 7th year of our marriage. Sometimes, it feels like I've know Bill forever. But, he never ceases to surprise me.
It was a wonderful evening. We were surrounded by our friends and loved ones. The only downside to the whole evening came when it was time to leave. Bill took Billy's keys because he had been drinking too much to drive. That started a stand-off that ended with Billy running the streets on foot like he was being chased by the law. The only thing chasing him last night was his own demons. More on this later, if I feel like it. Everything ended up okay.
Today, we headed to Cicero to enjoy a family lunch with Dad & Robin. As always, Robin cooked a killer meal and I left so full that I was miserable. But, it's a good miserable. Billy was sleeping when we left, so it was just the four of us heading that way. It was really sweet to see Cooper, even though he was a bit grumpy over a tummy-ache. I did get a couple of smiles out of him though. Turns out that he's a cat-napper like Harmony was. Oh, that's going to be hard on the family to keep him rested. But, you do what you can.
No comments:
Post a Comment