Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Billy arrested again

Oh, how I hate this post. 

We got the news last night that Billy was arrested again yesterday.  It was alcohol related again.  This evening, Bill found out that there's even a post and video of Billy being tased on the Alliance Police Department's Facebook site.  When I looked at it, I got sick to my stomach.  There are police officers pointing loaded guns at my son.  Billy was out of control.  I'm not second guessing what the police had to do.  I just cringe and hate the thought that he was in that kind of danger. 

It seems that Billy is on a self destruct mission and I don't know what to do to help him.  I don't know if Bill and I are enabling him to keep from growing up and being responsible.  I sure don't want to do that.  I want Billy to be a responsible adult and to be able to live on his own and have a good life.  I just feel so awful and so helpless.  He's an adult now and all I want to do is wrap him up in my arms and protect him from the world.  I know in my head that he has to figure this out on his own and do the work to fix it.  Oh, but it's so hard to just sit here and know that he's hurting.  I cry and I pray that God guides me to do and to say the right things.  Bill is hurting and I want to take that hurt off of his shoulders.  I just don't know what to do for my men.

No comments: