Monday, May 23, 2011

One down -

Three and a half to go!

We leave Friday afternoon to head to Ohio for the weekend.  I can't wait!  I'm so ready to see everyone and especially to hug Leigh's neck.  Her grandfather passed away this morning.  Bless her heart...  I remember what that was like.  There are many times that I wish that I still had grandparents to talk to.  I'd love to have their advice on things these days.  Pappa would have a shoe at the way that the government is going and how secular the world is today.  He thought that it was bad 30 years ago.  Still, there was a wealth of knowledge there that would be nice to pool from.  I've really been thinking about them today.  I'm thankful that I still have both parents to talk to and bounce things off of.  There are those of my generation that have already started losing their parents.  That, I don't even want to think about.

My heart warmed when I ready Leigh's Facebook post this morning.  She commented about Gary A putting up with her bitchiness due to her grief.  Interesting that she and I react to sadness in the same way.  With all of the weeping women in the world - I've found a kindred spirit.  One that lashes out when she's hurting.  Boy, can I relate to that.  Gary A and Bill both have big hearts to handle such women.

I think that Glenn is going to go to Ohio with us on Friday.  When he and Mary were here over the weekend, he said that he'd really like to go along with us.  I think that it would be a wonderful idea.  Mary is going to be busy with her mom and Angie and Glenn would be bored.  This way, he'd have something to do and Dorothy would love to see him.

No comments: