On Tuesday, January 22nd, actor Heath Ledger was found dead in his apartment in SoHo. There has been a lot of media speculation in regard to drug use and possible overdose. Some have even gone so far as to suggest that his death was a suicide. For some reason, this has affected me in a way that no other celebrity death has ever done before. I keep thinking about his 2-year-old daughter, Matilda Rose, and how she’s going to grow up without her father. I think of his family in Australia and how awful all of this is for them. Not only did they lose their son/brother, but they’ve had to travel halfway around the world to attend
memorial services in New York and in California; make arrangements for his remains to be transported back to Perth, AU; fight to get through the media and finally return home so that they can lay Heath to rest in the family plot at the cemetery. It’s now been two weeks since he died and they’re still dealing with all of the arrangements of the funeral. When I think about it, I want to cry. Bill and I have talked about it and he says that he can kind of understand because he was really sad when Dale Earnhardt died. I don’t know if it’s because of the fact that Bill and I are trying to get pregnant or if it’s because of the medication making me more sensitive than I would normally be or if it’s simply because this is a horribly sad event. Whatever the reason, I am heartbroken that Heath is gone and his family is absent the vibrant spirit that was his life. I pray for Michelle Williams and Matilda and the rest of the Ledger family that they will be able to heal from this event and remember Heath as he was.
memorial services in New York and in California; make arrangements for his remains to be transported back to Perth, AU; fight to get through the media and finally return home so that they can lay Heath to rest in the family plot at the cemetery. It’s now been two weeks since he died and they’re still dealing with all of the arrangements of the funeral. When I think about it, I want to cry. Bill and I have talked about it and he says that he can kind of understand because he was really sad when Dale Earnhardt died. I don’t know if it’s because of the fact that Bill and I are trying to get pregnant or if it’s because of the medication making me more sensitive than I would normally be or if it’s simply because this is a horribly sad event. Whatever the reason, I am heartbroken that Heath is gone and his family is absent the vibrant spirit that was his life. I pray for Michelle Williams and Matilda and the rest of the Ledger family that they will be able to heal from this event and remember Heath as he was.
No comments:
Post a Comment