Monday, February 11, 2008

IUI #1

Well, we met Dr. Richardson over at his office last evening. When I used the OPK (ovulation predictor kit) yesterday morning, it looked like it was close to a surge. I did the test again around 4:30 or so and by golly, the two lines looked pretty durn close to the same to me. I had Bill take a look and he thought that they looked pretty similar too. So, I called the doc's answering service and let them know what was going on. Dr. Richardson called me back within about two minutes and I asked him if we needed to get together first thing this morning. He said that he could go ahead and meet us last evening over at the office. So, that's what we did. The process didn't take very long, but I was really nervous. In fact, I still am. Doc says that we have about 10% chance of conceiving every cycle. I'm trying not to get my hopes up and to prepare myself for the fact that this may never happen. He asked us if we would consider IVF if this didn't work. We told him no. We said that we were going to give this our best shot and then call it quits. He kept me in the office for about 15 minutes after the procedure to make sure that I didn't have a reaction. I didn't. So, then we headed home. After getting home, I went ahead and laid on the bed watching TV. Seems like the best thing to do at the time.

No comments: