Saturday, February 23, 2008

Phooey! Billy!

Well, yesterday was NOT, and I repeat NOT, a good day for Billy at school. I have been talking with him this week and working with him to try to pull things together so that he can work himself off of probation. We've discussed the fact that he's doing this for HIS own benefit and not for the teachers, or parents, or anyone else. He's the one that stands to gain from this. Well, I guess that he had a "I don't give a crap Friday" this week. He managed to cause enough disruption at school that they've suspended him for Monday. Lovely, isn't it? He was making noises the other night that he didn't want to go to his mother's house this weekend. I told Bill that if he refused to go - he would be spending the entire weekend grounded to his room for getting suspended from school.

I don't know what to do to get through to him. The way that he acts is begging to go back to DOC. I just don't understand. I know that he's capable of controlling his actions. I've seen it in action. He just won't do it - not even to benefit himself.

No comments: