Friday, June 17, 2011

Getting through the weekend

Monday is Billy's release date.  He's been on my mind a lot while he's been in jail.  I hope that this experience is something that he can use for growth and not something that is going to make him bitter.  But, the mom in me wants him to use every situation as a way to grow and to learn and to become a stronger, better person.  Otherwise, there is no point.

Sunday is Father's Day.  I want to do something special with/for Bill, but just really don't have a clue.  I'm in one of those blah places right now.  I have so many people on my heart and it's just feeling a bit overwhelming.  I'm wishing for a joyous, carefree time where everything is all okay.  I guess that the real issue is that I need to learn (remember?) that I'm not in control and let go.  You can't control the waves - you just have to ride them.

As it stands, I have about an hour and a half before the work day (and week) is done.  After that, it's time to get the little girl and start the weekend.  I haven't heard from Glenn & Mary, so I don't know what they have going on for tonight and don't know if we're getting with them or not.  I'm grooming tomorrow morning and then tomorrow is about chores and Harmony.  Sunday, is all about Bill.  We are going to celebrate Father's Day the best that we can considering that Brad won't have anything to do with us and Billy is in jail.  Dad invited us up to their house for lunch, but I think that for this year, we really just need to do something for the two of us.

No comments: