Well, I've been back to work for a couple of days now and I've decided that I could really easily be a stay-at-home Nana. All of the frustrations that I had before I took the week off are already back. I'm even further behind than I was when I left. I am generally irritated. BUT - I really do like the guys that I work with and would miss the interaction with them if I were at home every day.
Chris just cracks me up and the more that I work with him, the more that I enjoy his personality. He and I were talking about my .380 on Monday. He's been really worried about whether or not I was going to like it. I guess that the guys have really been giving him grief over recommending such a high caliber to a girl. I told him not to worry because I'm really getting comfortable with the gun and that it's a gun that I'd recommend to any woman. The recoil is light and the slide is easy to operate. You just have to not be afraid of it.
The more that I get to know Corey, the more I like him. I interact with him through the ReSharp department. He brings up the blades that the customers need to pickup and I also get in contact with the customers that have bad payment information file for him. He's always very verbal about how much he appreciates what I do for him. I would have told you that I'm not a "words of affirmation" person, but it really is nice that he tells me that he appreciates what I'm doing. Especially when I feel like JB is taking advantage of me and feels entitled.
And Micah is just a trip! Normally, he just makes me laugh. He is the complete stereotype of your typical red-head. Although, he was talking on Monday about a couple that was kayaking over the weekend that lost their 17-month old and they were out helping with the search. Since his family was familiar with the waterways out there, they were helping to walk the banks of the creeks and such looking for the baby. They weren't the ones that actually found the child - but the child was found. He drowned. Throughout the course of the story, there was a depth to him that I hadn't seen before. Not that I'm surprised - I just hadn't seen it.
The interesting thing is that I've been working in the department of all men for years. We've brought in some guys that are closer to my age and it's nice to have the younger set to talk to. Most of the guys in the department are at least 10 years older than I am or more. These guys are a breath of fresh air. I would certainly count Bob in this group if he were ever in the office. But, JB always has him out on the road and I only get to see him sporadically.
No comments:
Post a Comment