Wet carpet makes for a nasty smell when it's been shut up all day. When I walked into the house this evening, the smell about knocked me over. I mean, seriously, it's bad enough that once you get in and get used to it - you really don't want to leave the house and have to start over again. Yikes! I'm sure that it's mildew. Yucky!
Bill checked the sump pump and after unplugging it for a while and then plugging it back in, it started working. I don't know what that means other than we're really going to have to watch that well for needing to be replaced. It's nice to have the carpet down there in the winter, but I'm wondering if it's worth it. Maybe it's time to just pull the stuff up and just use throw rugs instead. Food for thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment